A summer holiday on the coast is something a lot of people are familiar with. You might have nostalgic memories of sand encrusted beach towels, zinc cream, inflatable beach balls and tyre tubes. But there’s more to Batemans Bay than just sun and surf.
Batemans Bay Activities
What about some Thrills?
A shot of adrenaline is on the menu this summer. Try one or all of these thrilling rides!
- Get a big dose of thrill as you learn a new kind of skill! Try kite surfing with Brownie and the Kite Bus
- Do you have a need for speed? Take a superfast jet boat ride with Ocean Jet Adventures
- Feel the wind in your hair and the saltwater on your face with a Jetski hire at Corrigans Beach. No licence required.
- Jump on one of the hair-raising rides at Bells Carnival open every day during summer school holidays at Corrigans Reserve.
Find more thrilling experiences in Eurobodalla.
Entertain the kids
Got sunburned kids to entertain on a cloudy day? Tick these things off the list with the family.
- Spend a few hours at Mogo Wildlife Park – maybe feed a giraffe while you’re there.
- Let the kids burn up some energy at the Eurobodalla Botanic Garden while you enjoy coffee and cake at the Cafe
- Grab the bikes and ride the shared pathway from Batemans Bay to Batehaven
- Cuddle a wombat at Birdland Animal Park
- Hit the amazing inclusive playground at Corrigans Beach Reserve
Need more ideas for the kids? Check out our itineraries.
Fancy a little adventure?
Ready for some adventure? On land or on water, there’s plenty to explore
- Embark on a kayak tour on the Clyde River and taste some oysters
- Dust off the mountain bike and hit the gravel trails
- Lace up your hiking boots and venture into Murramarang National Park
- Hire a tinnie or charter a boat and head out to open ocean. Maybe catch some dinner while you’re at it
- Take a scenic cruise up the Clyde River aboard the Escapade
Discover more tours, attractions and activities.
Satisfy your hunger
Eat, drink, be merry. You won’t go hungry or thirsty!
- Hit Se7en Cafe for a sun drenched breakfast on the balcony, or watch the sunset over drinks at Oyster Cove Cocktail Bar.
- Sit out on the back deck of The Boatshed and indulge in a summertime favourite of fish and chips
- Go alfresco with unbeatable views at waterfront restaurants Starfish, Sam’s Pizza, and Kohli’s Indian Restaurant.
- Try the Trappers Restaurant for a special night out
- For great coffee, sweet treats and light meals you can’t go past Crumb Cafe at Batehaven
Find more places to eat and drink.
Head to the beach
A summer in Batemans Bay doesn’t have to be all about the beach, but let’s face it, it’s still an essential element to any summer holiday.
Here are out top beach picks to suit your holiday vibe
- Long Beach and Maloneys Beach – a great option for the family with younger children, typically calm and protected from north east winds.
- Surf Beach – a popular family beach and patrolled in the summer holidays. Shops nearby and plenty of parking.
- Denhams Beach – excellent beach for learning to surf
- Malua Bay – patrolled through summer and a favourite for surfers
- Sunshine Bay – a small cove with a pebbly beach, well protected in most conditions.
Explore more beaches in Eurobodalla.