Narooma Oyster Festival 2023
Save the date for the 2023 annual Narooma Oyster Festival. Join us on the first weekend in May to celebrate our world class oysters, growers, quality local produce, chefs, and the region’s rich artistic and cultural talents.
2022 festival highlights
Narooma Oyster festival: heart of the oyster Coast
Brought to you by Narooma Rocks and major sponsors, the Narooma Oyster Festival is held on the first Saturday of May. Created to honour the humble rock oyster, this culinary extravaganza is also a celebration of all south coast produce, growers and farmers,chefs and cooks, provedores and food lovers. And you can enjoy all the fun at the festival’s stunning location at Forsters Bay, Narooma.
The oyster festival is for all lovers of food, and showcases the diversity and quality of south coast produce and south coast NSW oysters and seafood.
Enjoy festival favourites including Oyster Alley, the Rock Oyster Lounge, Australian Biggest Oyster reveal, Australia’s shucking championships, the popular cooking program, live music, food market, regional wines, craft beer, and of course an endless supply of the finest New South Wales rock oysters.
The oyster festival is fun for the whole family with Friday fireworks, family entertainment, oyster festival merchandise, and kids zone.
Narooma Oyster Festival tickets
This year’s program kicks off with a festival warm up on Friday night starting at 4pm with a spectacular fireworks display at 8.35pm.
This year you can take advantage of the Festival Shuttle Bus or catch the coach service from Batemans Bay- bookings essential and close 5 May.
Narooma Oyster Festival Program Highlights
Friday Night 6 May
Narooma Oyster Festival warm up
From 4.00pm to 9.00pm
General admission $10
Get into the groove with the festival warm up activities.
- Main stage performances from 4pm
- Fireworks display at 8.35pm
- Narooma Oyster Festival long table dinner (sold out)
- Light projections and arts precinct created by River of Art
- Narooma Rocks Oyster Bar from 4pm
- Food and drink stalls
- Festival liquor bar open from 4pm to 9pm
- Festival merchandise on sale until 8.30pm
- Kids Zone
Saturday 7 May
Oyster Festival Celebrations
From 10.00am to 5.30pm
Gate Entry $25
- Main stage activities and live music start at 10am
- Australia’s biggest oyster revealed at 11.30am
- Festival Liquor Bar open from 11am to 5.30pm
- Narooma Rocks Oyster Bar marquee opens at 10am
- Rock Oyster Lounge opens at 11am
- Champagne and oyster cruises from 10.30am
- Cooking demonstrations from 10.30am to 2.45pm
- Merivale seafood social lunch – bookings only
- Kids Zone from 10am
- Art Box gallery
- Oyster Alley from 10am
- Food, drink and market stalls till 4pm
- Australia’s Shucking Championships 3.00pm to 4.30pm
- Sydney Royal ultimate oyster experience
Discover more on Sunday
Explore Narooma and surrounds
Narooma is one of the most spectacular and picturesque towns on the NSW south coast, with a series of sweeping bends leading you to the stunning aquamarine waters of the estuary and old steel bridge. The Wagona Inlet and bay waters are instantly inviting, and the urge to pull over and immerse yourself in the landscape is hard to resist.
When the festival is over, take some time out to explore the stunning coastline, landmarks and precincts of Narooma and nearby localities.
There are plenty of reasons to stay longer in Narooma.