Cycling Safety Tips
Cycling safety tips
- Wear an approved helmet and bright clothing to make you more visible.
- Even on the quiet gravel roads it is important to keep to the left as vehicles can be encountered unexpectedly on bends.
- Cycle in single file on busy roads, and particularly adjacent to unbroken double lines and any winding road with poor visibility.
- Riding two abreast is allowed on quieter stretches. You must not ride more than 1.5m apart.
- Carry a tool kit with spare tube and pump.
- Make sure you take plenty of water with you.
- Wear gloves to protect your hands.
- Don't forget the sunscreen and sunglasses
- Be careful on gravel surfaces, by not braking or turning suddenly.
- Gravel roads may have pot holes, scours, waterholes, corrugations, loose or slippery surfaces, so ride to the conditions.